Who we are
We’re engineers, unifying employers and hourly workers to create an hourly-work space that works for everyone. This starts with recruiting and retaining employees. On the recruiting side, we help our customers re-engage the people they already know – past applicants and former employees – which is a critical need in this understaffed world and often translates to doubling their application flow. On the retention side, we uncover what matters most to our customers’ employees, automate check-ins and deliver actionable insights to improve their workplace. Simply said: We are employers’ people strategy in an understaffed world.
Our products are in high demand, we are growing quickly and driving towards becoming the Human Resources category leader for how companies improve an employee’s experience from initial job awareness through their employment journey.
We are transforming hourly work by restoring the ideals of the American Dream, rooted in affording everyone the opportunity to earn, find personal satisfaction and save. Our brand is proudly rooted in entrepreneurialism and our attributes are an acronym for ASPIRE: autonomy, smart work, pride, informative, relationships and equity.
The Lead Recruiter role is an exciting opportunity to be the first talent acquisition hire on the team! The Lead Recruiter at HourWork will be responsible for all hiring-related matters, including screening & scheduling, drafting job descriptions, and coordinating the interview process while maintaining a high level of integrity and transparency for our candidates. This individual will sign an invention assignment and a non-disclosure agreement.
The Lead Recruiter will report directly to Lacy Knaffla, our Head of People & Culture and collaborate closely with various Department leadership to ensure hiring processes and practices are aligned to drive HourWork’s mission forward.
The responsibilities for this role will continue to expand; the initial key focuses will be:
- Recruiting Strategy: in partnership with the Head of People & Culture, contribute to developing and executing on our strategy to attract the best talent and streamline the hiring process:
- Sourcing: determine how to identify & independently source the right candidates, conducting active candidate outreach on hiring managers’ behalf, as well as attract diverse applicants through our application process
- Job Listings: strategize on how to effectively leverage our job listings to effectively communicate with interested candidates and achieve efficiency in the hiring and interview process.
- Applicant Tracking System: lead and implement an ATS and identify best practices for leveraging the system to its full capacity.
- Managing the Applicant Pipeline: organize the applicant pipeline in such a way that ensures a high response rate as well as maintains relationships with candidates that could fill current or future vacancies.
- Screening & Interview Process Management: own the screening & interview planning process for all kinds of roles – scheduling interviews with other members of the appropriate hiring team and serving as a point of contact from start to finish.
- Offer Negotiations: with support from management, draft and negotiate offers with candidates to ensure alignment with role budgets and goals and serve as an expert on all things perks & benefits.
- Support the People team in reaching a near 100% recruiter-to-candidate response rate and determining a system for measuring candidate satisfaction by mid-2023. Elevate our hiring & interview processes to be best-in-class, just as our products and customer experiences are.
- 3-7 years experience in a recruiting role, some of that spent filling technical roles.
- Proven record of conducting candidate interviews, managing candidate relationships, and driving successful hires
- Experience maintaining an ATS and owning applicant management
- Comfort taking on any and all aspects of the Talent Acquisition process as needed
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- 1-2 year of experience in technical recruiting
- Early stage and/or growth stage startup experience
- Extreme organization and attention to detail
- Ability to juggle many open roles, drive hiring to completion, and manage changing project scopes
- Ability to create systems, processes, and structure needed to be successful
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Greenhouse or other modern ATS.
- Desire to have a front-row seat at an early-stage, fast-growing company. There are not many layers of bureaucracy to work through. You will have a huge impact here.
- Understanding that always doing the right thing for our candidates, employees, and customers is the priority – even if it means we have to push ourselves harder.
At HourWork, we have a transparent equity and salary policy because we take pride in ensuring all of our colleagues are compensated commensurate with experience. Our methodology is transparent and discussed during onboarding (and questions are always welcome).
- $96,000 – $115,000 + 20% max OTE, variable based on location & technical experience
- Stock Options
- Unlimited Vacation (No, really. Please take your vacation.)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer-paid Basic Life, Short-Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability Insurance Plans
- 401k & HSA available