Senior Product Manager
Who we are
We’re engineers, unifying employers and hourly workers to create an hourly-work space that works for everyone. This starts with recruiting and retaining employees. On the recruiting side, we help our customers re-engage the people they already know – past applicants and former employees – which is a critical need in this understaffed world and often translates to doubling their application flow. On the retention side, we uncover what matters most to our customers’ employees, automate check-ins and deliver actionable insights to improve their workplace. Simply said: We are employers’ people strategy in an understaffed world.
Our products are in high demand, we are growing quickly and driving towards becoming the Human Resources category leader for how companies improve an employee’s experience from initial job awareness through their employment journey.
We are transforming hourly work by restoring the ideals of the American Dream, rooted in affording everyone the opportunity to earn, find personal satisfaction and save. Our brand is proudly rooted in entrepreneurialism and our attributes are an acronym for ASPIRE: autonomy, smart work, pride, informative, relationships and equity.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our Product team. In this role, you will be involved in every aspect of the product discovery and development process: deeply understanding the business, the members, the market and working with the team to innovate, test, and deliver value.
In this role, you will:
- Understand product metrics and drive improvements to the product, primarily in the form of experiments designed to increase engagement and satisfaction.
- Continuously seek customer and market insights, design and conduct A/B and user tests, that help shape the product roadmap
- Manage a large portion of the overall product roadmap and evaluate new opportunities.
- Work cross functionally, especially with engineers and designers, to prioritize, plan, design, and deliver value to customers.
- Ensure our software product is set up to successfully scale to meet the needs of our growing business.
- Translate user needs into compelling and practical user stories and solutions.
- Communicate your team’s roadmap and plans, creating excitement and alignment within your team and across the company.
- Support and help shape the growth of our product team norms and practices as we grow
- Initially, this role will help us scale our techstack and leverage our data sets for better customer insights with opportunities to contribute to the development of processes and best practices for the entire team.
- Have 5+ years of product management experience in a SaaS or B2B2C business.
- You have strong analytical, and quantitative skills including the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and inform decision making. Ideally, you have experience with defining and using product metrics in a SaaS or B2C business.
- You love to dig into how things work to deeply understand them.
- You enjoy solving problems with a user-centered approach.
- You have a demonstrated ability to understand technical concepts and systems.
- You have strong communication skills, including collaborative problem-solving and interpersonal relationship building.
- You possess proven time management and organization skills (must be able to work cross-functionally, manage stakeholders, prioritize workload, and meet deadlines).
- You’re able to present and articulate ideas and solutions effectively, and embrace both giving and receiving feedback.
- You are curious, love to learn, and recognize the importance of dedicating time to grow your skills.
- A knack for both strategy and execution
- Strong desire to roll up your sleeves and do the dirty work
- Ability to juggle many deadlines, drive to completion, and manage changing project scopes
- Ability to create systems, processes and structure needed to be successful
- Desire to have a front-row seat at an early-stage, fast-growing company. There are not many layers of bureaucracy to work through. You will have a huge impact here.
- Understanding that always doing the right thing for our customers is the priority – even if it means we have to push ourselves harder.
At HourWork, we have a transparent equity and salary policy because we take pride in ensuring all of our colleagues are compensated commensurate with experience. Our methodology is transparent and discussed during onboarding (and questions are always welcome).
- Unlimited Vacation (No, really. Please take your vacation.)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer-paid Basic Life, Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurances
- 401k & HSA available