Vice President of Product & Engineering
Who we are
We’re engineers, unifying employers and hourly workers to create an hourly-work space that works for everyone. This starts with recruiting and retaining employees. On the recruiting side, we help our customers re-engage the people they already know – past applicants and former employees – which is a critical need in this understaffed world and often translates to doubling their application flow. On the retention side, we uncover what matters most to our customers’ employees, automate check-ins and deliver actionable insights to improve their workplace. Simply said: We are employers’ people strategy in an understaffed world.
Our products are in high demand, we are growing quickly and driving towards becoming the Human Resources category leader for how companies improve an employee’s experience from initial job awareness through their employment journey.
We are transforming hourly work by restoring the ideals of the American Dream, rooted in affording everyone the opportunity to earn, find personal satisfaction and save. Our brand is proudly rooted in entrepreneurialism and our attributes are an acronym for ASPIRE: autonomy, smart work, pride, informative, relationships and equity.
The Vice President of Product & Engineering is an executive-level leader responsible for all aspects of product management, design and software development. This role provides vision and direction for the Product Development organization.
The Vice President, Product & Engineering will report directly to the CEO & co-founder and work collaboratively with many other members of the leadership team.
The responsibilities for this role will continue to evolve as the company grows; the initial key focuses will be:
- Product Vision & Development: lead our product & technology initiatives with 2 key focuses:
- Vision Leadership: maintain a holistic view on what it takes to deliver a Complete Product Experience and effectively communicate this vision to company stakeholders at all levels.
- Product & Technology Roadmaps: collaborate with other senior leaders in data and product marketing to own the product roadmap and manage the product development cycle, implementing criteria for success with a focus on data-driven decisions, and driving fast agile, high-quality releases.
- Team Development: manage a team with various experience levels & roles, ensuring:
- Employee Development: build, develop and manage a high-performing, cross-functional team; inspire team to deliver, execute and refine the product roadmap to meet HourWork’s evolving business goals.
- Team Scaling: actively participate in headcount planning and the recruiting process to build a successful product & engineering teams.
- Process Management: build a process centered on Agile principles that leverages the most effective tools for team collaboration.
- Successfully scale effective Product & Engineering teams while defining the overall product vision & strategy, owning the product & technology roadmaps, and ensuring product initiatives support business growth.
- 10+ years of experience in Product Management or Engineering, or similar role, with 5+ years in a leadership position within a high-growth SaaS business
- Past experience working closely with software development, product management and UX design to successfully deliver on the product roadmap
- Proven success setting product strategy
- Demonstrated ability to create systems, processes and structure needed to be successful
- Exceptional verbal, visual, and written communication skills with the ability to explain approach to all levels in the organization including key stakeholders
- Ability to think strategically and see the big picture
- Experience managing a distributed team
- Has demonstrated a high level of achievement and success at an early-stage startup
- Desire to have a front-row seat at an early-stage, fast-growing company. There are not many layers of bureaucracy to work through. You will have a huge impact here.
- Strong desire to roll up your sleeves and do the dirty work
- Understanding that always doing the right thing for our customers is the priority – even if it means we have to push ourselves harder.
- Commensurate with market
- Unlimited Vacation (No, really. Please take your vacation.)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer-paid Basic Life, Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurances
- 401k & HSA available