Request a demo
So you are interested in HourWork and how we can help you recruit and retain hourly employees? Let's chat!
How should companies communicate with individuals about their data protection?
Organizations now need inform consumers as to the categories of personal information to be collected and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, at or before the point of collection. Likewise, the CCPA requires all organizations collecting personal information include in their online privacy pages a description of a consumer’s rights and two or more designated methods for users to submit access requests, including a toll-free telephone number and a website address.
What rights do individuals have under CCPA?
The CCPA ensures the following rights for Californians:
(1) The right to know what personal information is being collected about them.
(2) The right to know whether their personal information is sold or disclosed and to whom.
(3) The right to opt out of the sale of their personal information.
(4) The right to access their personal information.
(5) The right to equal service and price, even if they exercise their privacy rights.
For a more detailed explanation and information about CCPA, visit the website of the California Attorney General: https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa or the California Legislative Information site: https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180AB375
For further guidance on how you can exercise these rights with Syrg, scroll to the bottom of the page.
What are we doing at Syrg to prepare for CCPA?
In line with the transparency principles of CCPA, we are ensuring that:
• Information is communicated in a clear way that is understood by professionals and clients who use our services.
• We clearly demonstrate how we collate and store personal information.
• The personal information we hold is easily accessible should we be asked to provide evidence to processing data in compliance with CCPA.
What is Syrg’s data minimization policy?
We will only hold personal information that is necessary to provide the services found on Syrg. Any personal information that is not required will either be anonymised to make it non-personal or deleted.
What is Syrg’s data retention policy?
Syrg retains personal information until job-seeking professionals request that the information be deleted.
How does Syrg share personal information?
Beyond these suppliers and third-parties, we will only share personal information when we have the necessary right to do so. For instance,
Professionals & Candidates:
• Resume profiles and other social media information made searchable on our candidate database;
• When applying for a job via a job posting listed by one of our registered employers;
Employers & Recruiters:
• Information displayed on job postings is shared with prospective candidates;
• Personal information from employers beyond what is seen on job postings is not shared, and only used internally.
How does Syrg protect personal information?
We have firewalls around the database and access to the information is protected by a combination of access controls and network layer protection such as multi-factor authentication, joiner/mover/leaver processes, password policies, logging, and monitoring. The network layer includes a combination of hardware firewalls and cloud security.
How can I check on the status of my personal information on Syrg?
Candidates may request a copy of the information that Syrg holds on them. For instructions on how to do so, please scroll to the bottom of the page.
Exercising your Rights under the CCPA:
In order to exercise your Right to Access the Information we hold on you, to Opt-Out of Sale or to request Deletion, simply fill in the form below and one of our dedicated Customer Success Team will be in touch shortly.